Cattle Empire, LLC (CE) is proud to support young people with an interest in the beef industry and agriculture as a whole. Because of this, CE offers a variety of programs to help students of all ages learn more about agriculture and provides them with opportunities to gain hands-on experience in the beef industry. One of these programs is the Cattle Empire, LLC Scholarship Program, which supports students from the heart of the beef feeding empire who have an interest in pursuing a career in the beef industry.
CE will award five $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors in Southwest Kansas.
Application materials and requirements include:
- Must be a high school senior graduating from public, private, or home school within one of the following Southwest Kansas counties: Finney, Grant, Gray, Hamilton, Haskell, Kearney, Meade, Morton, Seward, Stanton, or Stevens.
- Must be pursuing a career within the beef industry or related supporting field.
- Should exhibit strong leadership and work ethic.
- Should be actively involved in community, civic, and/or service organizations.
- Immediate family members of current CE employees will be given a 10% advantage in application rubric scoring. Eligible family members included under this advantage are oneself, child, grandchild or sibling.
- Current high school transcript.
- Two letters of reference.
- 1,000-word essay on a current beef industry-related issue or topic of your choice. (CE may choose to publish winning applicants’ essays on the company website or blog and retains rights to all entries once submitted.)
Application must be received by CE by April 13 at 5:00 p.m. CDT. Applications may be submitted by mail, fax, or email at one the following addresses.
Cattle Empire, LLC
ATTN: Jayce Winters
1174 Empire Circle
Satanta, KS 67870
jwinters [at] cattle-empire [dot] net
Winners will be announced April 27. Scholarship funds will be awarded following a submission of proof of enrollment to CE. If a selected recipient fails to enroll for the Fall 2018 semester, the scholarship offer may be retracted and given to the next eligible candidate.
Winners will be asked to submit a photo for media purposes. Winners will also be required to attend a tour of Cattle Empire facilities with fellow scholarship recipients at a date to be determined by consensus of attendees. If a recipient fails to attend the tour, the scholarship may be retracted at the discretion of CE scholarship administrators.