1. It’s environmentally friendly. Ranchers and farmers play an important role in the survival of native species and our grasslands as these open spaces provide habitat for 75% of America's wildlife.
2. It’s affordable. Calorie-for-calorie, beef is more nutrient dense than vegetarian protein options like peanut butter, tofu or beans. You can eat less while nutritionaly gaining more.
3. It’s easy. Using recipes from beefitswhatsfordinner.com, or the Cattle Empire Pinterest page, beef is an easy addition to your weekly menu. Beef is the star of our slow cooker or grill!
4. It’s kind. Cattlemen care about their livestock; not only does it make good business sense but it's also morally important to care for your animals in the highest respects possible. Harvesting beef is an important part of life and nourishing our citizens.
5. It’s good for you. With 29 cuts of USDA approved lean cuts, beef provides nutrients like zinc, iron, protein and B vitamins, and half of the fat found in beef is monounsaturated, the same heart-healthy fats found in avacados.
6. It’s green. Million acres in the United States that are unsuitable for raising food crops like corn and wheat. Cattle and othe grazing animals are the original sustainable agriculture with the ability to eat where farming is not possible. As the world continues to grow we need to make the best decisions for our land available.
7. It’s economically benificial to our country. The economy in the United States would lose over $80 billion in revenue from purchases of red meats.
8. It keeps small businesses and communities going. 98% of over one million farms and ranches are family owned and opporated. They are the heart of America.
9.It doesn’t raise your risk of cardiovascular disease or diabetes. In a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers from Penn State University found that people who participated in the Beef in a Optimal Lean Diet (BOLD), consuming lean beef daily as part of a heart-healthy diet experienced a 10% decline in LDL "bad" cholesterol. - Beef It's Whats For Dinner
10. Lady Gaga wouldn’t have had a meat dress to wear.