There is just something about smoked meat that makes a meal feel manly and close to nature. It’s probably the whole man/fire/food thing. Anyone can handle this recipe, if you haven’t used a smoker before don’t let them intimidate you, the wood pellet style smokers are exactly like using an oven. The only difference is the temperature and cooking time. We have a “stick burner” smoker but prefer to use our electric Green Mountain smoker when we don’t have the time to babysit the meat, kind of like a slow cooker.
The smokey flavor in these ribs will keep your family coming back for more and is a perfect first recipe for that special new Christmas gift.
· 6 pounds Beef Back Ribs
· 1 ½ Tbs Kosher Salt
· 2 ½ Tbsp Paprika
· 2 Tsp Black Pepper
· 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
· 1 ½ Tbsp Accent
· 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
· ¾ Tsp Ground Coriander
· ¾ Tsp Celery Salt
· ½ Tsp Onion Powder
· ¼ Tsp Tumeric
· ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
1. Heat your cooker to 250°F.
2. With a sharp knife on the bone side of the ribs remove the silver skin. Once you have a hold of it, you cn generally remove it in one piece using a paper towel for grip.
3. For the dry rub, in a small bowl combine all seasoning ingredients except Worcestershire.
4. Use the Worcestershire as a lubricant on both side of your ribs rubbing it into the meat. This does two things: One, an additional seasoning for the meat and two, the most important, creates a wet surface for the seasoning to stick to the meat. Rub the dry seasoning into the meat covering the whole surface.
5. Put the ribs bone side down over indirect heat and cook for two hours.
6. Wrap the ribs in tin foil, this will keep your ribs moist will allowing them to continue to cook. Cook for another 2-3 hours. Pull the ribs from the cooker when their internal temperature reaches 205° with the meat pulling up and away from the bone.
This dish is wonderful with baked macaroni and cheese.
12 Day’s and 12 Way’s of BEEF Recipes
Day 2: Smokey Beef Back Ribs
Day 3: Crockpot London Broil
Day 4: Crockpot Philly
Day 5: Homemade Beef Sausage
Day 6: Beef Sausage Lasagna
Day 7: Crème Chipped Beef
Day 8: Roast Beef Hash
Day 9: Beef Pad Thai
Day 10: Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich
Day 11: Creamy Beef and Noodles
Day 12: Herb Crusted Prime Rib