The holiday season is a busy time of year with parties, shopping, trips to the post office and normal family errands. It can be tough to keep up let alone serve your family a home cooked meal. That’s why I am so grateful for my crockpot. I’m pretty sure I use it on average 3-4 times a week, it’s a lifesaver! Roasts are the perfect cut of meat for this handy contraption because they cook slowly rendering the fat and giving the meat a tender texture while infusing all of your herbs and spices to create a flavorful taste profile.
Today we are cooking a London Broil, this also can go by the name of arm roast. This traditionally tough cut of meat will turn into a fall apart tender dinner with a delicious gravy to top. It’s wonderful served over a bed of oven roasted potatoes and carrots.
· 2.5 Lb London Broil (Arm Roast)
· 1 Package Ranch Dressing Seasong
· 1 Package Brown Gravy Mix
· 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
· 1 Stick Salted Butter
· 1 Sliced Yellow Onion
· 1 Lb Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
· ½ Cup Water
· 2 Tbsp Cornstartch
· ¼ Cup Cold Water
1. Slice onion and layer half of it on the bottom of your slowcooker and water. This will keep your meat from sticking or burning.
2. Place London Broil on top of bed of onions and evenly sprinkle both seasoning packets and garlic powder over the meat. Top with remaining onions.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Remove roast from crockpot and chunk, shredding will cause the meat to separate too much. Add mushrooms to remaining liquid. Mix cornstarch and cold water with a fork and add to the liquid in the bottom of your crockpot to make a gravy whisking frequently.
5. I roasted quartered fingerling potatoes and carrots, tossed in olive oil and Italian dressing seasoning, in the oven for 45 minutes to make a bed on the dinner plate. Top with roasted beef and mushroom gravy. Optional side of crusty French baguette.
Snuggle up with your family for this chilly night quick meal!
12 Day’s and 12 Way’s of BEEF Recipes
Day 2: Smokey Beef Back Ribs
Day 3: Crockpot London Broil
Day 4: Crockpot Philly
Day 5: Homemade Beef Sausage
Day 6: Beef Sausage Lasagna
Day 7: Crème Chipped Beef
Day 8: Roast Beef Hash
Day 9: Beef Pad Thai
Day 10: Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich
Day 11: Creamy Beef and Noodles
Day 12: Herb Crusted Prime Rib