Beef Sausage Lasagna
This one will be called, “An Ode to My Sweet, Savory Lasagna.” Yep. I think that’s a fitting title. I don’t know about your family but this is one meal that brings everyone to the table with smiles at our house. Pair in some crusty garlic bread and it’s a true winner. This is served monthly for us, it’s just that good.
· 2 lbs ground beef sausage
· 1 Pkg Oven Ready Lasagna
· 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Pepper, chopped
· 1 tsp Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
· 3 16oz cans whole tomatos
· 2 6oz cans tomato paste
· 8oz can tomato sauce
· 28oz Ricotta Cheese
· 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
· 2 Cups Mozerella, shredded
· ¼ Cup Fresh Parmesean
1. Preheat your oven to 425ºf.
2. Brown ground beef sausage with onion, green pepper, and garlic.
3. Combine in bowl Ricotta, slightly beaten eggs, 1 sup mozzarella, and parsley. Set aside.
4. Drain meat but DO NOT rinse the meat. Add all tomato products, bay laves, salt and pepper to the meat. Let simmer 30 minutes to meld flavors.
5. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1-2 cups of sauce covering the bottom of the pan. Layer noodles, Ricotta mixture then sauce to fill the pan. Be sure there is a layer of noodles on top.
6. Top is remaining mozzarella and parmesean.
7. Cover tightly with foil, be sure there is a seal around the ppan so that all of the steam and moisture stay inside and evenly cook the noodles.
8. Set on a baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes. Remove foil and set to broil 5 minutes to get a nice lightly browned and bubbly top.
*Pro tip* If you have an over with a delay start feature set it to turn on and cook while you are at church or a sporting event to return to the heavenly aroma of homemade lasagna.
12 Day’s and 12 Way’s of BEEF Recipes
Day 2: Smokey Beef Back Ribs
Day 3: Crockpot London Broil
Day 4: Crockpot Philly
Day 5: Homemade Beef Sausage
Day 6: Beef Sausage Lasagna
Day 7: Crème Chipped Beef
Day 8: Roast Beef Hash
Day 9: Beef Pad Thai
Day 10: Chicago Steakhouse Sandwich
Day 11: Creamy Beef and Noodles
Day 12: Herb Crusted Prime Rib